How much does the US visa cost in 2022? Rates by category

the United States has several types of visas which serve purposes as varied as studying, working, traveling for an artistic performance or going on vacation.

Just as they are divided into categories, its cost is also different. For example, the cheapest is the one a Mexican under 15 can process to enter the United States for tourism purposes; they follow the tourist visa for adults and those who need to study or receive support to be trafficked,

Requests are more expensive work visa and even more those who open the doors to ask for the permanent residence. The highest payment is made to request the fiance visa (K-1)which an American can marry his foreign partner within 90 days.

The State Department’s official visa appointment service has not changed prices to process a visa application in 2022 they are therefore left at: $160, $190, $205, $265 and $15.

Please note that payment is used to process the application and does not guarantee that the visa will be granted. This will be left to the discretion of the consular officer.

Visas that cost $160

(B1/B2) Visitor: business, tourism, medical treatment:

It is for shopping, sightseeing, visiting friends or relatives, or getting medical treatment. Also to attend scientific, educational, professional congresses or a conference on a specific date.

(C) Transit:

Those who only want to cross the territory of the United States or make a stopover must have a transit visa C. “Immediate and continuous transit is defined as the rapid departure of a traveler without privileges or activities during their stopover,” according to the State Department.

(D) Crew Member:

Airline or cruise ship crew members can apply for this visa if they are going to land in the United States, on a stopover for part of their work. It can be requested by personnel essential to the operation of the aircraft or vessel, such as pilots, flight attendants, captains, deckhands and engineers.

(F) University student:

The f-1 visa is aimed at foreign students who wish to enroll in a university study programeither at a college or university. It is valid for any level. This visa also applies to those who will study English in the United States as a second language.

(M) Non-university/technical student:

The M-1 visa is for students enrolling in professional programs. These are characterized by being shorter than university courses and have no academic value.

Examples of professional programs: cooking and culinary skills classes, cosmetology, yoga, dance, non-academic photography classes.

(I) Media or Journalists:

It should be used by magazines, newspapers, television and radio. Reporters, translators, editors, analysts and presenters are eligible. Persons who provide “purely technical” services are not considered in this category. If you are a communicator and need to travel to the United States for professional reasons, you are entitled to an I visa.

(J) Exchange Visitor:

The D-1 Visa It is intended for foreigners participating in exchange programs. They are designed “to promote the exchange of people, knowledge and skills in the fields of education, the arts and the sciences”. Students of all academic levels are eligible.

(TD/TN) Professional TLC:

Among the professionals eligible to work with US employers are accountants, engineers, lawyers, pharmacists, scientists and teachers. Those who are not on the employment list of the previously called free trade treaty or do not have a job offer from an American, they will have to settle for applying for an H-2A or H-2B visa.

(T) Victim of human trafficking:

“This is a temporary immigration benefit that allows certain victims of a severe form of human trafficking to remain in the United States for up to 4 years, if they assist in the investigation “, states the USCIS.

(U) Victim of criminal activity:

The United States grants this visa to people who are victims of violent crime on their territory, to protect them during the conduct of criminal investigations. The U visa can also protect the family of the victim. It is essential that the applicant be prepared to assist the authorities with statements and data that bolster the investigation.

Visas that cost $190

(H) Temporary Worker/Employment or Interns:

The H2-A concerns temporary jobs in agriculture. The H-2B it is intended for non-agricultural workers. For example, working in gardening, construction and cleaning.

(O) Persons of Extraordinary Ability:

Persons of extraordinary ability or achievement in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics. They must prove their achievements through awards, international recognition or publications.

(P) Athletes, Artists and Facilitators:

For artists, performers or exchange workers carrying out a traditional ethnic, folk, cultural, musical, theatrical or artistic performance.

(Q) International Cultural Exchange Visitor:

cultural exchange in a school, museum, business or other cultural establishment.

(R) Religious Worker:

If you are a minister, priest, or religious association worker, you can apply for a special visa to travel to the United States. The R visa is valid for two years and can be requested if the organization you belong to has a legal non-profit counterpart in the American Union.

(L) Employee transferred within your company:

Corresponds to workers who will be transferred to the United States by their company.

Visas that cost $205

(E1): Citizen of a country with which the United States has signed treaties.

(E2): Citizen of a country with which the United States has signed treaties and which has made significant investments in the United States.

(E3): Australians with vocational specialties.

Visa which costs 265 dollars:

(K) Fiance or Spouse of a U.S. Citizen:

The K-1 fiance visa it can be asked by foreigners engaged to a US citizen if they plan to move and marry in the United States, within 90 days of their arrival in the country.

Once this visa has been obtained, the foreign spouse can obtain permanent resident status granted by the US Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS).

Visa which costs 16 dollars:

Payment for Mexicans under 15 applying for a visitor visa (B1/B2):

Mexicans under the age of 15 have the option of paying a reduced visa application fee equivalent to USD 16, but must meet one of the following conditions:

* The parent or guardian is Mexican and applying for a B1/B2 visa at the same time.

* Parent or guardian is Mexican and has a valid 10-year visa.

US authorities point out that if $16 is paid for a minor’s visa, “the visa will be valid for 10 years or expire when the minor turns 15, whichever comes first.” If you decide to pay the full fee of 160 USD, the visa will be valid for 10 years from the date of issue.

  • Do you plan to travel to USA or Canada? Find here the information you need about visas, destinations, lifestyle and further. Register a our newsletter

Leave a Comment