One of the best feelings you can have is getting on the plane to start an adventure in a new destination that makes us experience it fully. Amid the pandemic, many countries have introduced some changes to their restrictions to keep the tourism sector active which was seriously affected by the official WHO announcement in 2020 which lifted the alert worldwide.
Peru has not been left behind and has presented a series of measures that all people in the national territory must respect. Travelers are no strangers to these and as part of their duties, they need to know everything they need to do before, during and after boarding a plane.
If you can’t wait to be on vacation Easter 2022 and you have scheduled a trip, carefully read the protocols of Jorge Chávez International Airport, which have been detailed in their updated platform.
TO ENTER JORGE CHÁVEZ AIRPORT
– The use of a double mask or a mask with a high filtration capacity (N95, KN95, FFP2 or KF94) is compulsory, except for children under two years old.
– To enter the airport, all passengers must present their Physical identity document and your boarding pass or reservation, preferably electronically.
HOW FAR IN ADVANCE SHOULD I GET TO THE AIRPORT?
Being in the middle of a pandemic, and to avoid the crowds that cause contagion, it is recommended to check in 2 hours in advance for domestic flights and 3 hours for international flights.
Get ready to travel! Easter in Peru: check the price of plane and bus tickets for this holiday
– Pedestrian entrance: Gates 1 and 2. (next to Faucett InOutlet)
– Vehicle access via the motorway: only to drop off passengers and is free.
– To enter the terminal, check the following information: passengers with hold luggage, entry is via gates 7 and 9. With hand luggage, via gate 11. With preferential service, gate 8.
– If you need to check in, do so at the counter of the airline you have chosen. If not, go to the entrance to board.
– With your boarding pass, go to the lounge entrance. Swipe your boarding pass through the reading machine (TUUA).
– The use of the bins is reserved for items that are not in your hand luggage, such as clothing or large electronic items.
– After each flight, the departure lounges are disinfected.
You might also like: How do I know if my flight has been canceled at Jorge Chávez airport?
To enter the national territory or the city of Lima, you must present the following:
– To enter Peru, Peruvians, resident foreigners and non-resident foreigners aged 12 or over must have completed the dose of the COVID-19 vaccine 14 days before boarding at their point of origin. Failing this, present a negative molecular test with result date no later than 72 hours before boarding.
[Importante: los menores de 12 años solo necesitar ser asintomáticos para abordar el avión.]
– The electronic health certificate and the commitment to proceed with the isolation or quarantine of the traveller.
[Este documento lo puedes descargar desde la Superintendencia Nacional de Migraciones o haciendo clic aquí]
– On international flights to enter our country, each passenger must report to the airline that corresponds to their country of origin.
IF I HAVE ALREADY BEEN VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19, DO I NEED TO SHOW PROOF OF ELIMINATION?
Peruvians, resident foreigners, and nonresident foreigners who are protected with a full dose of the vaccine do not need to present proof of COVID exclusion.
IF I RETURN TO PERU, IS IT OBLIGATORY TO QUARANTINE?
According to official information, only citizens of South Africa, or who have stopped over there in the last 14 days, will undergo mandatory quarantine.