With the arrival of the pandemic, many things have changed in the world, including the way of traveling, since now being vaccinated against Covid-19 is one of the main requirements to enter other countries.
➡️ A woman could have been cured of HIV in the United States; What is the possible cure discovered by scientists?
However, there is one particular vaccine that has generated uncertainty among people: Sputnik V. And that is that to this day, the Russian vaccine has not been certified by the World Health Organization (WHO), so the question of whether you can enter certain countries like the United States has become a recurrent question among people.
Today we inform you if you can enter the United States with this vaccine or if, in your case, you have been vaccinated with another dose, we inform you of the requirements that are required of you to be able to travel to this country.
Can I travel to the United States with Sputnik V?
According to United States Embassy in Mexico, If you are vaccinated with Sputnik V, you cannot travel to the United States because the foreign country is based on the list of vaccines accepted by the WHO and to date the organization has not certified said vaccine, however, WHO chief scientist Soumya Swaminathan has assured that the Russian vaccine could be approved in 2022.
The evaluation of Sputnik was stopped due to non-compliance with certain legal procedures but it will resume once the correct documents are presented, so it will be necessary to wait for the WHO to finally give its authorization for its emergency use.
Same, Russian President Vladimir Putin called on the World Health Organization to include Sputnik in its catalog of recognized vaccines as soon as possible because it depends on it that those who put it on can move with the maximum possible freedom in any part of the world.
Which vaccines are accepted by the EU?
Vaccines accepted by the United States must be approved or cleared by the FDA or be on the list of those approved by WHO for emergency use:
Johnson & Johnson
- Astra Zeneca
Requirements for traveling to the United States
Mexicans with a full vaccination schedule can enter the country by air, provided they meet the following conditions:
- Present proof or a certificate of vaccination against Covid-19.
- He is considered to have the complete vaccination schedule 14 days after the last dose applied.
- Negative result of a Covid test taken no more than one day prior to travel to the United States, or evidence proving full recovery from illness.
Who is exempt from the restrictions?
Persons who are not citizens or permanent residents will be exempt from the restrictions for unvaccinated travelers, in the following cases:
- Airline crew members, if that person adheres to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention protocols (Center for Disease Control and Prevention, CDC).
- Foreigners holding one of the following visa types: A-1, A-2, C-2, C-3, E-1, G-1, G-2, G-3, G-4, NATO -1 to NATO-4 or NATO-6.
- However, those under 18 must present a screening test with a negative result.
- People with documented medical contraindications to receiving the Covid vaccine.
- Anyone except for emergency or humanitarian reasons issued by the competent authority in the United States.
- Anyone from a country where the availability of coronavirus vaccines is limited.
- Foreign nationals who are members of the United States Armed Forces or spouses and children of members of the Armed Forces.
- Marine crew members of a vessel, holders of C-1 and D visas.
Foreign nationals who benefit from the exceptions and who are not vaccinated must:
- Test negative for Covid-19 one day in advance before boarding the flight.
- Respect the instructions for using the mask during the flight.
- Take the anti-covid test when you arrive in the United States.
- Verify that a coronavirus test will be carried out between three and five days after arrival in the United States.
- Arrange to self-quarantine for seven full days, even if the test is negative.
- Stay isolated if you test positive or have symptoms of coronavirus.
➡️ Subscribe to our newsletter and receive the most relevant notes in your email
- If the duration of the trip is more than 60 days and there are no medical contraindications or age restrictions, the foreign person must agree to be vaccinated against Covid during the 60 days following their arrival in the USA..