Don’t be bored! Mexico City has an infinity of options for going out and having fun, between restaurants, museums, exhibitions, a trip to prehistory or to the future, which you can family vacation of Holy Week.
If you still don’t have a plan, we offer you seven options so that the holidays do not go unnoticed and you can enjoy spring in the country’s capital.
Sistine Chapel in Mexico City
If you are going to spend these Easter holidays in the country’s capital, this is an opportunity for you to contemplate and experience theIt is the only life-size reproduction of the monumental work of the great Tuscan Michelangelo Buonarroti.
But beware! It is necessary to make a reservation free of charge, through its official website, to enjoy this 20-minute tour.
- Location: Constitution Square, Historic city center. of Mexico, Center, CdMx
- Cost: free
- Program: 10:00 a.m. – 6:40 p.m. / April 20 – May 1
- Official site: Sistine Chapel in Mexico
Looney Toons Festival and Extreme Racing at Six Flags
Do you like adrenaline? The Six Flags amusement park offers attractions for the whole family, in addition to the fact that every evening it organizes a parade, as part of the Looney Toons Festival and The Justice League, in which you can see your favorite characters .
Likewise, on April 24, they will run a race of five and 10 kilometers, the route of which will be inside and outside the park. If you want to participate, you can check out the details HERE.
- Location: Motorway to Picacho Ajusco Km 1.5, Colonia Héroes de Padierna, Town Hall of Tlalpan.
- Program: from 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Prices: general admission costs 499 pesos per person and depending on the benefits, it can go up to 3,000 pesos.
- webpage: https://www.sixflags.com.mx/mexico
Monet and his friends
Immerse yourself in the sights and sounds of 19th century Europe through the eyes of Claude Monet and the Impressionist painters who immortalized them. Monet and his friends – Life, light and color It’s a multi-sensory experience that the whole family will enjoy.
Impressionist masterpieces come to life in a rich and dynamic display of light, color and sound. Impressive paintings are projected on a large scale to give bring to life the bold brushstrokes of Claude Monet, Camille Pissarro, Pierre-Auguste Renoir, Paul Cézanne, Edgar Degas and many more.
Don’t forget to bring your student or teacher ID to get a 10% discount on admission.
- Location: mother monument, Av. Insurgentes, Esq. James Sullivan Of the. Cuauhtemoc, CdMx
- Program: Sunday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. / Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Cost: Monday to Thursday – $295.00/ Friday to Sunday – $380.00
- Official site: Monet and his friends
The Jurassic-era park opened in December 2021. It has 13 dinosaur replicas that have movement and sound so the live be much more realistic. Besides taking photos with these creatures, you will also learn more about these species that fascinate us in movies and books. Among the species that invade this place are Brachiosaurus, Velociraptor, Triceratops and Tyrannosaurus Rex.
The dinosaurs of the Utopia of Santa Cruz Meyehualco are not the only activity of this place, since in this space of 150,000 square meters it has an Olympic swimming pool, a velodrome, a gym and from a music school.
- Location: Santa Cruz Meyehualco Recreational Park, Av Guelatao, Sta Cruz Meyehualco, Iztapalapa, 09700, CdMx
- Program: 6:00 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Cost: free.
Night picnic in Chapultepec
The Chapultepec Forest always has perfect activities to connect with the nature and culture of the country’s capital, so this week, from April 12 to 16, there will be night picnics in the Botanical Garden, except Fridays Holy.
The only requirement is to respect sanitary measures in the face of the coronavirus pandemic and to wear your food in reusable containers so as not to generate waste.
- Location: Paseo de la Reforma 126, Section Bosque de Chapultepec I.
- Program: from 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Cost: free event.
Urs Fischer: LOVERS (Jumex Museum)
The Jumex Museum known for having interesting and playful exhibitions brings this new proposal of contemporary abstract art.
Known for creating thoughtful, disconcerting and playful works, Urs Fischer works in sculpture, photography, drawing, painting and publishing, using a variety of materials and processes that are not subject to classification. This is Urs Fischer’s first exhibition in Mexico and brings together works from international public and private collections, as well as the artist’s personal archives. In addition, there are new pieces made especially for the museum. The works as a whole manifest the artist’s creativity, humor and depth of practice.
- Location: Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 303, Grenada Colony, 11520.
- Program: marts through Friday 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m./sSaturday / 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. / SunSunday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. / Closed on Mondays
- Cost: FREE ENTRANCE
- Official site: Urs Fischer : Lovers
MUFO (Museum of the Future)
MUFO is the museum of the future. A new way of experiencing a museum, through the senses, with stories and spaces created by the pioneering minds of experiential art. At MUFO, you can step into digital art stimuli, enjoy a meal, have a cocktail, or explore our gallery in the Metaverse. ANDIt is an epicenter of art, design, creativity, gastronomy and mixology that revolutionizes immersive experiences with unique proposals and avant-garde flavors.
The duration of the visit is one hour but you can stay several hours longer to eat, have a drink, visit our Concept Store and see the guest design projects.
- Location: Old Reform Hotel, Paris 32, Tabacalera, Cuauhtemoc, 06030.
- Program: 11:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Cost: general admission 300 pesos.
- Official site:MUFO