if you plan go on a trip out of the country for several days, one of the recommendations to all travelers is to have on hand all the documents that do not interfere with your transit. Added to this is the verification of the date of expiration of your identity card and passportdespite being in the midst of the pandemic caused by COVID-19, the authorities have presented a series of flexibilities that allow us to continue using them during a specific season.
For those who miss one of the documents travel requirementsIt is important to perform the correct procedure. In the case of the national identity document, go to the Reniec offices or complete the process online. However, if you need to update your passport, you must do so at Migration offices.
Can I get my passport at Jorge Chavez airport? Yes, this service is provided to passengers with a planned trip within 24 hours. The office for issuing electronic passports is located in the international flight area where immigration personnel are present 24 hours a day. This is an aid to not miss your flight.
Don’t forget to check: Easter: how much will you be paid if you work on Thursday and Good Friday?
To all those who wish To travel and they don’t want to do the passport process, There are some official destinations that you can only access with your ID. Find out what they are so you can plan your adventure.
TO WHICH COUNTRIES CAN I TRAVEL WITHOUT A PASSPORT?
According to official information from the Peruvian government, for tourism there are countries to which you can only travel with your national identity document, thanks to the international agreements signed by Peru.
There are currently 8 countries you can travel to:
– Bolivia, Colombia and Ecuador. Thanks to the agreements of the Andean Community of Nations (CAN) which allow travel between Peru and these countries without the need for a visa or passport.
[Para viajar a los países de la Comunidad Andina necesitas la Tarjeta Andina de Migración (TAM) que es un documento de control migratorio y estadístico, obligatorio para ingresar y salir del territorio de los países de la CAN. Recibirás este documento al momento de ingresar a cualquier país andino, debes llevarla contigo durante el viaje y entregarla a las autoridades migratorias al momento de salir del país].
– Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay and Uruguay. Thanks to bilateral agreements that exempt the use of a passport during tourist trips.
WARNING! Remember that when a minor child or adolescent travels, it is necessary to have a Travel Authorization for a minor.
HOW TO PROCESS THE PASSPORT?
What are the requirements? You need your DNI in good condition and without any electoral fine. If the document is lost or stolen, an affidavit must be presented. You must check the option if you want to perform the procedure in person or through MAC centers.
STEP BY STEP YOU MUST FOLLOW
1. Check available dates: enter the Online appointment system and select the option “See the next available dates”. There you can view the list of locations nationwide and their available dates to schedule your appointment.
2. Payment is S/ 98.60 for the right to issue a passport. You can pay it through pay it.pe with the code 01810. Also through any Banco de la Nación branch or Multired agent.
3. Make an appointment: Enter the online appointment system to schedule your appointment. You must enter your personal information or that of the family member or friend who will process the passport, receipt number, verification code and date of payment that appear on the voucher. You need to select the migration office where you want to get your passport, choose the date and time available for the appointment.
4. Go to the appointment: come with your ID and payment receipt. You must show proof of appointment or a screenshot to be served faster. The procedure is face to face since you must confirm your identity and take a photo for your passport.
5. Taking pictures: They will take a photo of you for your passport. This is in line with international biometric identification standards.
6. Collection of passports: delivery is made the same day of the appointment after meeting all requirements. If for some reason you cannot collect your passport, you have 60 days to do so at the office where the procedure was carried out. If the passport is not collected within this time, it will be destroyed and you will need to process a new one.