If you are traveling to Mexico in this season of vacation Holy Week It is important that you take note of all documents and terms with which you must comply, whether you are a foreigner or a Mexican citizen.
Before the arrival of the Mexicans from United States and other nations, the National Institute for Migration (INM) has set up the Héroes Paisanos program, which will be in effect until April 29.
Whether you are entering by air, land or sea, you must have all the documents proving that your ride it is regular.
Mexicans must enter the territory with a document proving their nationality. It is best to travel with a valid and up-to-date passport, but you can also bring the following papers:
– Citizen identity card.
– Certified true copy of birth certificate.
– Consular certificate.
– Letter of naturalization or certificate of Mexican nationality.
– Certificate issued by the National Electoral Institute (INE).
foreigners arriving at Mexico They must wear their passport fluent. Citizens of countries such as Ecuador, Cuba, Guatemala, Honduras, among others, must process a Visa travel for any reason within the country.
Additionally, at the port of entry, you will need to complete the Multiple Immigration Form, free of charge and valid for 180 days. Those who will work in Mexican territory or tourists who will enter by land and stay more than seven days in the country must pay 638 pesos for the Visitor’s right.
For this easter season it will no longer be necessary to complete the health questionnaire fly safewhich was mandatory for air travel due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
From March 2022, it will no longer be necessary to complete the Health Questionnaire to travel. Thank you for your cooperation! Let’s keep taking care of ourselves pic.twitter.com/2mGc1ZlgVU
– Fly Safe (@SeguroVuela) March 1, 2022
What do you need to travel to Mexico with a foreign vehicle?
Walk in mexican territory With a foreign car, it is necessary to process the temporary import permit of Vehicles. It is necessary to prove the ownership or present the contract of lease or import credit.
Mexicans need to prove their legal stay in the country the car comes from and foreigners only need their passport.
The document has a cost of 1,066.97 pesos and can be requested on the website www.banjercito.com.mx. There are also modules in mexico borders and at some consulates in the United States where you can process the permit.
the permit It’s valid for 180 days, but if you’re Mexican and you don’t use the whole period on your first entry, you can use the rest on your next visit.
Your Temporary Vehicle Import Permit allows you to travel within the Mexican Republic and is valid for 180 calendar days. pic.twitter.com/RAHcZljQup
– Government (@SEGOB_mx) November 9, 2021
How to enter Mexico with animals?
If you take your mascot in you ride to the nation you must bring a certificate of good health, issued by a veterinarian no later than 15 days before arrival in the country. Mexican authorities allow travel with up to three pets.
The animal must be vaccinated against rabies, be dewormed and must enter a clean transport cage without accessories, it is only authorized to have its daily ration of bulk food.
The National Agrifood Health, Safety and Quality Service (Senasica) provides the animal’s import certificate. The animals who come from United States In the United States and Canada, they can go directly to the inspection without having the certificate of good health.
To enter Mexico: The health certificate issued by a private veterinarian is accepted, but it must be issued on letterhead paper, with the printed professional identification number or a photocopy of it (or its equivalent) and not must not exceed 15 days from its issue.
— Senasica (@SENASICA) December 14, 2018
Go through customs upon arrival in Mexico
By entering Mexico In any case, you must pass a brief interview with the customs officers. have your passport fluent. If you have dual nationality, present only the Mexican passport.
An officer will review your documents and ask you questions about the reason for and duration of your trip to mexico. If you are a foreigner, it will tell you the maximum length of stay you can stay in the country.
In you entrance You can carry up to $10,000 in cash, checks and money orders. If you are carrying a larger amount, you must declare it to avoid fines and even arrests.
In addition, from March 29 to April 29, you can take $500 in goods other than your personal baggage when traveling by land or air. Residents of the border strip can carry up to $300 in merchandise.
– Hero of the country (@heroespaaisanos) March 21, 2022
What does personal baggage include apart from tax exemption?
The following are considered personal luggage and you don’t need to declare them when you arrive at Mexico anyhow:
– Clothing, footwear, personal hygiene and beauty items, depending on the duration of the trip.
– Baby products (pushchair, cradle, walker, etc.).
– Bridal kit.
– Up to two photo or video cameras.
– An electronic diary.
– Up to three mobile phones.
– A GPS.
– A laptop.
– A portable copier or printer.
– A portable projector.
– A burner.
– A device for recording or reproducing sound, five laser discs, 10 DVDs, 30 compact discs, five storage devices and three software packages.
– Two personal sports teams.
– Books, magazines and printed materials.
– Five toys, a video game console and five video games.
– A device to measure blood pressure and one for blood sugar.
– A telescope and binoculars.
– Two musical instruments.
– A tent.
– A set of tools.
– Those over 18 can do without up to 10 packs of cigarettes, 200 grams of tobacco or 25 cigars, as well as three liters of alcoholic beverages or six liters of wine.
In the event that travelers exceed the tax exemption, they must pay 19% of the total value of products that do not exceed $4,000. Payment can be covered upon arrival at customs to enter Mexico, the electronic format or the Payment of Contributions to Foreign Trade.
To verify the value of the products you are transporting, it is recommended traveler whether you have invoices, bills of sale or other documents proving their value with you.
Items you cannot bring into Mexico
– Weapons, ammunition, cartridges, explosives and materials for the exclusive use of the army, navy and air force.
– Non-exclusive Army, Navy and Air Force weapons smuggled in.
– Forest resources, living or dead wild flora or fauna, their products or derivatives carrying a contagious disease that can damage ecosystems.
– Specimens, their products or by-products and other genetic resources, of a species of flora or fauna considered endemic, threatened, in danger of extinction, subject to special protection or regulated by a treaty international treaty to which Mexico is a party.
– Genetically modified organisms that can negatively alter natural ecosystems.
– Introduce goods and omit the payment of contributions or compensatory quotas that must be covered.
Moreover, according to the Héroes Paisanos guide of the Mexican government, it is forbidden bring the following foods to Mexico:
– Raw meat products of any kind.
– Fresh cheeses.
– Sandwiches made from dairy products or meat without complete packaging and a seal from a health authority.
– Raw and dried shellfish.
– Fresh vegetables, fruits and plants.
– Any homemade or artisanal product.
– Unknown plant, animal, earth or matter.
– Dehydrated vegetables and fruits.
– Almonds, hazelnuts or shelled walnuts.
– Roasted coffee.
– Granulated cereals.
– Yerba mate.
– Dehydrated tobacco.
- Do you plan to travel to USA or Canada? Find here the information you need about visas, destinations, lifestyle and further. Register a our newsletter