Photo: Maria Alejandra Castano
Every traveler who really loves a destination usually knows the little tricks and shortcuts that can optimize time there and in Universal Orlando Resort is no different. There are several ways for guests to maximize their trip, making the most of their days throughout the resort, including Universal Studios Florida, Universal’s Islands of Adventure, Universal’s Volcano Bay.
So if you’re planning a trip to Florida, USA, here are five tips to make your time count.
1. Use the single option
Enjoying an attraction with family and friends, being able to sit side by side in the same row is undoubtedly a lot of fun. However, one way to board faster is to use the Single Rider option, occupying additional seats in a row. The visitor will be separated from their group, but the queue is considerably shorter. the solo rider is available at select resort attractions.
2. Stay at one of the Universal Orlando Resort hotels
Universal Orlando has eight hotels, one for every profile and budget, and all offer great perks, so it makes perfect sense to stay at the resort. By doing so, the visitor automatically begins to save time and greatly facilitates the journey. These are a few reasons.
(Also read: Benefits of Visiting Universal Orlando Parks)
- Hotels less than 10 minutes from the parks: The eight hotels are less than 10 minutes by car from the parks; in some of them you can walk to all three universal parks. In addition to being very close to the parks, the guest is also close to shopping centers, outlets, supermarkets and the city airport. In other words, no matter what visitors want to do, they will spend little time in traffic.
- Fast and Free Transportation: No one here has to worry about driving or parking. Universal offers free, quality transportation throughout the resort, on buses and water taxis leaving approximately every 10 minutes. Thus, the visitor skips the parking step and enters CityWalk directly.
- Early Park Entry: Guest enjoys early entry to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Universal’s Volcano Bay up to one hour before the theme park opens. This means more peace of mind to visit one of the most popular areas of the parks and more time to discover all the details.
- Skip the lines at top attractions: The resort’s three upscale hotels, Loews Royal Pacific Resort, Hard Rock Hotel and Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, also offer an added perk for visitors: an unlimited Universal Express pass for each customer. Thus, the visitor can avoid the regular queues at the most famous attractions. It’s a great time and money saver.
3. Buy the express pass
Premium hotel guests get this pass, but any guest can purchase it to add even more fun to their days at the parks. Here are some facts you might be interested in about passes.
- Universal Express: Allows customers to skip regular lines at the most popular attractions once at select Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure attractions.
- Universal Express Unlimited: Allows guests to skip regular lines as many times as they wish at select Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure attractions.
- Volcano Bay Express: Allows you to skip the virtual queue once per selected attraction at Universal’s Volcano Bay Water Theme Park.
Remember that the Express Pass is also available in other Universal Parks & Resorts parks, such as Universal Studios Hollywood in Los Angeles.
(Also read: 7 Must-Do Roller Coasters When Traveling to Orlando, USA)
4. Get on the train
Is it possible to change parks by leaving one and entering the other? Yes, but it is also possible to do it in a faster and more fun way, because in addition to being a means of transport, the Hogwarts Express is also an attraction. Visitors can board this beautiful train to travel between King’s Cross Station at Universal Studios Florida and Hogsmeade Station at Universal’s Islands of Adventure, and back.
There, visitors immerse themselves in the universe of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and experience a different story in both directions. To take the Hogwarts Express, make sure you have a park-to-park ticket.
5. Use and abuse the app
The official Universal Orlando Resort app is the traveler’s trusty sidekick. It is important to download it before starting your visit to the parks of the complex.
- The app is a perfect option to save your tickets and have them handy when you arrive at the resort. As well as being good for the environment, as there is no need to print, it also saves time.
- In the app, the visitor can quickly order food and drinks. Simply select where you want to eat, read the menu, make your choices, pay for your meal, and tell the kitchen it’s ready to eat when you arrive.
- The app offers the Virtual Line experience. Simply check the app throughout the day to see which attractions offer a virtual queue, choose the attraction, join the virtual queue, and when the time comes, simply scan your mobile phone at the door of attraction and you’re ready to party. While the visitor waits in the virtual queue, they can speed up other attractions, stop for a snack, rest and more.
- Visitors can plan their day around performances and encounters with characters. The application helps to see what is happening and when, so that the visitor can guarantee that he will be able to do everything he wants, with a lot of planning and, above all, without wasting time.
👀🌎📄 Are you already aware of the latest tourist news in Colombia and around the world? We invite you to see them at El Espectador.